ARIS (Architecture of Integrated Information Systems) is an approach to enterprise modelling. It offers methods for analysing processes and taking a holistic view of process design, management, workflow, and application processing. The ARIS concept is the foundation for the ARIS Toolset software system that supports the modelling (ARIS)
The ARIS Design tool has become widely popular as a powerful business-process modelling tool. One reason for the suite’s popularity is its configurability to suit individual business’s requirements’s requirements and environments. The evaluation module includes the ability to implement custom reporting and scripting.
The ARIS toolset (referred to hereafter as ARIS) is one of the leading tools for Business Process Management, produced and supported by the vendor Software AG.
There are many features of ARIS in the Evaluation section. It is comprehensive and includes reporting, macros, transformations, semantic checks, and queries.
Business Process Modeling (BPm) is the activity of representing the processes of an enterprise so that the current ones may be analysed and improved.
Enterprise modelling is the abstract representation, description and definition of the structure, processes, information, and resources of an identifiable business, government body, or other large organisation (Enterprise Modeling).
BPm and Enterprise modeling are typically performed by business analysts and managers seeking to improve process efficiency and quality. The need to model a business process to provide improvements through information technology is a common driver.
As a data repository, the re-use and relationships between data makes ARIS more than just a sophisticated graphic tool. There is no point having all the data collected in one place if it can’t be outputted into formats that the business can benefit from. Also, there is no use collecting data if it is not reliable and holds the integrity of the data.
Benefits of Customizing ARIS Configuration / Conventions
- Uniform reporting based on custom configuration/conventions
- Corporate branding/custom layouts and formatting as per business communications protocols
- Import/update ARIS data quickly and in bulk to reduce repetitive modelling
- Increase data integrity by using custom scripts to evaluate and analyse the data
- Quality assurance – easier quality checking, ensuring the process to ‘model’ is adhered to by the modellers (e.g. ensure all VACD functions have assigned EPCs)
- Include non-ARIS business experts via distribution of reports as files for review outside ARIS
- Automatic & Scheduled reporting – event triggered scripts (e.g. triggered when a model is saved) or time triggered scripts (e.g. triggered at midnight every night)
- Consistent and uniform modelling via import scripts (e.g. FAD creator with custom layout)
- Business reporting – shows data in report formats in one file rather than multiple models for those who prefer less visual representations
- Statistics – shows data in spreadsheets and tables
- Graphical reporting – shows the models/objects as graphics